View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal192 View Post
I don't read too much PDFs and textbooks, but probably enough to make trying to read it on a Kobo/Kindle devices a pain. The Kobo Forma looks interesting--do you guys think it will work well with reading PDFs/textbooks? Its hardware appears to be basically an Aura One with a bigger screen.

Or should I just not bother looking for an e-ink device? I'm mostly interested in it because that and comfort light makes it possible to read without eye fatigue (something important to me because I'm a programmer that stares at a monitor for 10+ hours a day).

I know I'll want an e-ink reader for reading books in general anyway, so if the Kobo Forma or alternatives that have a similarly large device are still not ideal for PDFs/textbooks, then I'm considering getting the Kobo Clara HD as it seems more wieldy.

P.S. I don't want/need capabilities like writing on the device. Price is not a factor.
If money is no object, a two device solution would be best. A regular ebook reader plus your choice of the bigger Sony pdf reader (you don't have to use the markup feature) or a tablet.

The Surface tablets have a pdf-friendly 3:2 aspect ratio so that puts them at the top. They start at $399 for the 10" Surface Go.

Here: https://www.windowscentral.com/surfa...e-and-features

Then again, the Surface Go runs Calibre and most ebook readers so it's a premium ereader in its own right.

Last edited by fjtorres; 10-18-2018 at 11:22 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote