View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #8
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B View Post
ebooks that are converted from .txt or .pdf files have way too many line breaks, which often make it very unpleasant to read those files.
Try Aiseesoft's PDF-to-ePUB converter, which in my experience does a better job than anything else I've come across. It recognises italics and para breaks and removes page headers/footers almost perfectly, apart from anything else. You sometimes have to join or split paras across PDF page boundaries, but it gets it right a lot of the time.

It's commercial-ware but fairly cheap, and there's a time-limited trial version you can download from their website. (NB: I have no connection to Aiseesoft, but I was impressed enough that I bought a copy after playing around with the trial version. I'm still impressed.)

Last edited by Phssthpok; 03-24-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote