View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Rather than try to figure out what you are doing wrong, you could try fetching the books from calibre , wirelessly. using the calibre companion app from the Amazon app store.
That app understands where to put the books so that they show up, and it has its own sub forum for help.
Pretty sure there is a free trial version in the store, to test with
I move all my books wirelessly using that, both kindle and epub formats, and once I have it seeing my calibre content server, it just works.

Ps it is not entirely clear what tablet you have. There is no hx range. There is fire hd, and there used to be higher spec fire hdx. Anything actually called kindle fire is a very old device.
Another wireless option, for mobi only though, Is to use the send to kindle email solution. That works without calibre, but books appear as documents, and you have to pre-allow the send-from email address, and remember the send-to device email address or change the Amazon default one to something easier to remember.
The advantage of that method 8s that it works long distance and you don't have to know anything about files and folders.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote