Thread: KFX Format
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #12
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
According to @shalym, there is no DRM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Ok...I just tested with a DRM free book that is in the .kfx format, and I was able to transfer the book from my Voyage to my pw3 and have it transfer correctly. I had to move both the .kfx file and the .sdr folder associated with the book.

There were a couple of files that were not able to transfer. The error given was that the filename was too long. (This is using Win 8.1) Those files being missing didn't affect the functioning of the book, at least not as far as I could tell. Hyphenation still works, and the enhanced spacing at larger font sizes works too. I can't judge the kerning and other stuff, as I really can't see that.

Shari
If the book works on two different devices, it cannot be DRMed (I suppose Amazon *could* have moved backwards to per-account keys), so I am going to assume quiris' "unreadable blobs" are just the "new format we don't understand yet" part.

Thanks for all the pessimism.

EDIT2: s/encrypted/DRMed/g because of nitpicking.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-13-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: confirmation below
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote