View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Calibre 3 Icon size

I have a 3840x2160 monitor and I found the icons to be gigantic.

Navigating to Preferences -> Look and feel -> Icon Size = Small, fixed the problem for the main window but had no effect on "Edit metadata" or "Covert books" windows.

It seems the setting in preferences is not global.

In general, everything seems to be outsized in some odd way that I can't put my finger on. The text looks fine with the default MS Shell Dlg 2 [8pt].

Maybe it's the spacing in the book details main window. Each line seems to have a lot of space above and below the text. In full-screen mode, I have 42 books visible and I think I had more in the previous version.

All in all, I find Calibre 3 to be excellent and I've not had any issues other than the above.

BTW, I 'm running Windows 10.

Thanks for all your efforts Kovid.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote