View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #138
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post

As to SugarSync, I use it for book management, too. Overall, I prefer Dropbox as cloud service, but am (therefore) always running out of space there. I have SugarSync mapped to the Calibre folder on my desktop and notebook PCs, so all books are always nicely available on all my PCs and mobile devices. I see no pressing need for Marvin to integrate SugarSync directly. I can just open the SugarSync app on my iPad or iPhone, browse to the Calibre folder, and side-load any book into Marvin that way. [Although there's a nasty bug in the SugarSync app where the "Open in..." button not always works for all EPUB files; then you need to copy the download link and open it via Safari; I complained about this to SugarSync support many months ago, but it appears they're ignoring the bug instead of fixing it.]
Thats why I stopped using Sugarsync for a long time. I may have to look at it again. I've just got an exported book folder which I copied to box.net: I grabbed that 50GB deal when it was going late last year (IIRC). It would be nice to have the calibre folder mapped somewhere, currently its only on my Macbook Pro, but I also have a netbook I use at times.