View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #45
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I have the persimmon cover as well. I think it's okay, but would prefer if they had gone all the way with red or orange. It seems to photograph more orange than it is in real life. I'm sure there's a Crayola this color, but until I find it, I would best describe it as a light tomato red, or maybe pimento. It does seem to lean more into the red zones than orange, but it's a mid tone, not super deep. Maybe it needs more black to make it a nice chili pepper red. I'd say it's okay, but not quite there.

Personally, I think the persimmon should have been darker and the blue, lighter.
I wonder if there are varaiations in the color. Mine is definitely not tomato colored, more like a brick color. I keep trying to come up with a comparison to something everybody knows. It is definitely not the color of persimmon, which would be a beautiful lighter orange. If you guys know dried goji berries: that's the color of mine.

I would not mind real bright orange or real bright red either. Maybe there is a leather paint I could use, but then the frame around the device would still be the same (to me) ugly color.I could use a black marker on the frame, but it's a $40 case.... What to do....
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote