View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Browsing for books in a store was a major chore that usually ended up with me leaving empty handed. I know exactly what kind of books I like to read, so I can easily target those kinds of books online and get a wide assortment. Also if an author that I like has a website I will join it and there will be like minded readers there to suggest other books of the same type that I can then go and check out.

So with the shopping so easy and convenient online, I now have over 600 books on my pc & ereader to enjoy.

I have NEVER been one to wax nostalgic over the look, smell, feel, blah, blah, blah, of paperbooks. I never once have sniffed one of my dusty old books, I have tossed quite a few since they were falling apart.

I absolutely LOVE the extra space I now have since I don't have to store the 600+ books that I have on my pc anywhere in my apartment. I love being able to adjust the font size on my reader so that it is comfortable for me to read for hours at a time and not get tired of being able to hold those 600+ books on one small machine with endless choices of what I want to read.

I am just as easily able to sit down and read my book and eat my lunch or have a cup of coffee with my reader as you can with your book.

If doing it your way makes you feel better about resisting change, simply to be contrary or whatever, good for you enjoy. I'll keep enjoying using my ereader and collecting and reading more books then I ever could if I was still stuck with reading paperbacks.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote