View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Pockets View Post
I contacted Aluratek about getting my screen fixed (I dropped my Libre and now on the left hand ~1/4" of the screen, every other pixel, all the way up and down it, are dead. Still quite usable, I just wanted to see if I could get it fixed cheaply.) and they told me I could get a replacement unit (they don't have a repair program) for $100 which was (at the time) $20 less than the cheapest price and I would get to keep the original unit. Not low enough for me to get another (I can't justify that much when I don't really need it), but better than what your friend was offered.
That is weird... I mean, I can see your situation. No manufacturer should be held liable for physical damage done to their product by accident. A prematurely failed battery on the other hand is something I think they should want to take care of if they want repeat customers.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote