View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #70
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
It does the same thing for me on Vista Home Premium 32bit following the install steps listed previously in the thread. With UAC turned on BookDesigner runs fine. When I turn UAC off I get the error about comdlg32.ocx being missing or invalid and BookDesigner won't start.

Weird.
I found something on the BD forum (it's in russian, so made it interesting to get through). If you get an error about the missing comdlg32.ocx when running with UAC turned off, but it runs fine with UAC turned on. Open up a command prompt while UAC is turned off and type:

regsvr32 /u comdlg32.ocx
regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx

The first command unregisters it, and the second re-registers. Apparently, there seems to be something different about how it registers without UAC. Because if I do the above with UAC turned off, then I can run BD fine with UAC still off. Maybe forcing it to re-register with UAC off makes it register with Admin privs? I don't know.

Also, when I did it the comdlg32.ocx error stopped showing up, but another one came up instead. "comctl32.ocx" I think. I did the same procedure for that one, and then BD would start.

Hopefully that helps somebody else too.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote