Thread: Cloud Storage
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Well, if my data was that precious there is NO WAY I'd rely on cloud storage!

Cloud storage is fine for things you want to be able to access easily form different computers/devices and also easy to update, but I would not keep anything important in the cloud that I didn't have elsewhere as well! Preferably stored in multiple ways (external hard drive(s), DVD:s...)
Certainly it makes sense to have a redundant backup strategy. But cloud storage is big business in the commercial world. The company I work for (not Amazon) is investing serious money in selling secure cloud data storage to businesses.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote