View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Grensgeval
Grensgeval began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Interesting! Yes, the number I xxxx'd out was indeed 553210206.

My Kindle purchase was very strange. I purchased somewhere in November, assuming that the "In Stock" would mean a delivery well before Christmas.

Well, I received my lighted cover 3 days after the order, but no Kindle. So I mailed and was told this must be a mistake, because the device is indeed in stock and ships immediately.

Then another week or so later and another mail: sir, you still haven't received your Kindle? Very odd. May I ask, are in Europe? "Yes, I am." Well, then never you mind the "In Stock, ships in 1-2 Days" we plastered all over your order; for your convenience, we'll ship the unit to you in Europe in 9-10 WEEKS.

This turned out to be 8 weeks, but it was still a very strange customer experience.

Let's summarize. Me, I have the WiFi only version, which as I understand it, is the same for Europe as it is for the US. But maybe this is incorrect.

So does everyone with this problem fit the following:

-affected unit was shipped in 2011
-has the 553210206 build of firmware 3.0.2

and might be the WiFi only unit.(?)

Should this only happen to European customers, I don't have a good explanation.
But otherwise, I would assume the beta 3.0.3 we want to update to, is actually a downgrade and the device rejects it rather inelegantly. A simple message from the device would suffice and not frustrate us tinkerers...

Last edited by Grensgeval; 01-11-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Grensgeval is offline   Reply With Quote