View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
Haqqax
Haqqax began at the beginning.

Device: DR800S
>> The way you are rallying people up, we (meaning the rest of the forum and myself) risk losing that input.

I thought this forum was for everybody - both happy and unhappy customers. Maybe there should be a sticker at the top, warning about saying anything that iRex might not like?

I did read this forum before purchasing my reader and the fact that I have seen iRex developers answering questions here was something that helped to sell their product, even though I have seen clips on youtube about broken device and poor, poor support from the company.

Unfortunately, nobody from iRex decided to say anything (in several threads) about their plan to support DJVU, which is a pity. I hope they will decide to take part in this discussion.

I do not appreciate your attitude, Aegis - telling another user on a public forum to shut up, for the reasons that you explained... I hope you were wrong, when you said that "bugging the people at Irex is not gonna help AT ALL".

I do support martienne. I am happy that he created this topic, because this subject is important to me as well, and I hope that if it pops up from time to time, iRex will take notice.

DR800 is a good device, and I really appreciate the fact that SDK is available and iRex did chose to be developer friendly. But this is a commercial product and we are paying customers, not the people who got the software for free and should only be grateful. Some of our expectations are not met. iRex is free to choose to ignore us and put whatever they wish in the roadmap of their product. And we, if we feel ignored we are free to write about this on internet fora (including this one, unless we get banned), twitter, youtube, personal webpages and finally choose to buy products of other companies that have similar devices and do not have a reputation of ignoring their own customers.

So far nobody got agressive, and IMHO topics like this one are pure opportunity for iRex for positive public relations, no matter whether they can promise support for this particular feature or not. Keeping quiet is (IMHO) the worst solution, as this is negative PR. Very much reinforced by your "shut up, because iRex developers might get scared off and stop giving us any feedback"
Haqqax is offline   Reply With Quote