View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #17
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The problem sdow1 was having is another recurrence of a bug in Goodreads that I have had to "enhance" my workaround for. It is caused by a small minority of books having invalid data being sent through the Goodreads API. The next version of the plugin will now ignore these books so you can sync the rest of your shelf, and hopefully Goodreads will address the issue soon anyways.

The next version also has the implementation of retrieving tags from your shelves using a customisable mapping as requested by msr. I've restructured the menu a little to accommodate this. I can envisage other actions in future appearing on the linked book menu like creating reviews. See the screenshots for how this appears.

The other addition to the next version is changing where the goodreads linked id is stored to the new identifiers table Kovid has added to the next release. This is working really well and it is great to be able to have a custom column either displaying the id or a Y/N type flag if you want it to show which books you have linked.

If anyone is willing to test the next version for me you will need to be running from source code to get Kovid's changes until the next Calibre release. Drop me a PM if you want to give it a go, or else wait a few days for an official release.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_8_shelf_tag_mappings.png
Views:	1198
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	67674   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_9_download_tags.png
Views:	1159
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	67675  
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote