View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #14
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm going to nominate a children's book, The Magic City, by Edith Nesbit, which is in the public domain. I've read several of Nesbit's children's books and I think they're enchanting; I haven't read this one. I don't know if anyone was a fan of Edward Eager's magic novels as a child, but his Knight's Castle was a mash-up of this book and Ivanhoe.

Free at the Patricia Clark Memorial Library as uploaded by the marvelous GrannyGrump. From her description:

Quote:
When young Philip Haldane and his new step-sister Lucy (whom he resents) are magically transported to a magic city (created by Philip from odds and ends from about the house), they find themselves on an incredible enchanted adventure complete with talking dogs, winged horses, ancient buildings and magic islands. How Philip and Lucy come to forge a friendship and work together to save the Magic City from impending disaster makes for a riveting, entrancing story.
PCML Kindle ePub
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote