View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 04:23 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
I guess my use fits in the top 5% of those who share statistics. Is there a way to predict stability at certain library sizes to figure out a the limits of a particular device? Also, having multiple formats of the same book, whether or not one 'merged' those records within calibre would also hurt performance, right?
I don't know of any accurate measure to predict when CC will run out of resources. Clearly the number of books/formats matters, but so does the cover thumbnail size, the number of columns in the grouping drawer, the number of books displayed in list or grid view, speed of the processor, how memory is configured, the version of Android, and the like.
Quote:
What are your experiences with large libraries and tricks you have used to make it work? How well does CC handle large libraries on your Android based e-ink devices?

Thanks,
I don't have large libraries on my devices because I have no need. My master library is available 24/7 via the cloud and via a content server running on a VPS. I have 300 books on my e-ink device.

Do note that Android e-ink readers tend not to have a lot of memory. They will hit a limit before any newer phone.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote