View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #29
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
From what I see, the file "words" contains only the words stored in the dictionary (the "keys"), in several variants --- e.g., singular/plural for the Italian one.

Hence, file "words" can be used only to know whether a query word is present in the dictionary or not.

I think that the kobo software checks whether a word is present, then it matches the word with the chunk, and then it performs a full text search in the chunck to locate the beginning of the definition for the query word.

(quite inefficient process, in my opinion)
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote