View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
I don't know why people keep saying they are so far behind IOS and Android. In sales, sure. But Windows phone 7.5 is already a pretty dang good OS. Much more modern than IOS and more polished than Android. Their only significant disadvantages, in my opinion anyway, have been available hardware and ecosystem. But their ecosystem has been growing rapidly and there are several new phones coming out with Windows 8. I don't know if a single iPhone 5 review was published without hoards of comments comparing it to the Lumia 920. Which tells me a lot of people are excited about Windows 8 in the mobile world.

I don't really care for Windows 8 on the desktop, but I have come to the realization that I rarely use my desktop for personal use anymore. So long as Microsoft doesn't make any major gaffes, my next phone and tablet will likely be Windows. Heck, I'd have a Windows phone now if not for the two disadvantages I brought up back when I bought my last phone almost a year ago. The only model available on my carrier was small and clunky with a physical keyboard, and my software required for work wasn't available at the time. Neither will be an issue for me in a couple months.

Last edited by pl001; 09-20-2012 at 04:45 PM.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote