View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by geez View Post
I keep returning to the Kobo section because I keep looking for a new firmware release.
I am kind disssapointed of the Kobo Touch even regret for having bought.
The battery life is shorter than my other e-readers, try w/wo airplane mode doesn't change a thing. There is no battery indicator while reading books, so when the battery is deplected, it simply turn off and request to be charge.
Even the speed is slower than my 4 years old sony prs700. The touch screen responsiveness is a kind of guessing game, will it turned the page instanously or in a few secondes.
The multiple bookmarks are not available for epub, only on kepub.
There is no "go to page", I have to slide section by section then page per page until I reach the page I wanted.
There is no folder/selections/selves option, books and photo are mixed-up altogether in "one" view.
I do agree that the "reading experience" with the Kobo eReader app on the Vox is sub optimal. (Hows that for baffle gab?) Yes, it is missing a number of features that the Kobo Touch has.

As far as page turning goes that seems to me to be just fine. I'm wondering if it's someone not registering your tapping/swiping.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote