View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by evwool View Post
My Mum (age 88) has had a go on my Kindle 3 and would like one for Christmas. In some ways the new K4 would suit her even better since she doesn't want to search, highlight or annotate, just read; the Kindle Touch would be no use since she would accidentally turn the pages without intending to.

But I've heard some speculation about the Page Turn button on the K4, that it is fiddly to use. If this is the case, it would be no good for slightly arthritic hands with decreased sensation in their fingertips . If any of you used both the K3 and K4 could you tell me if this is true in your experience?
I find the K3 easier to turn but it's heavier and I can't hold it as long. The K4 buttons are easier to turn if the K4 is in a case but this adds some weight.

It's easy to turn the page with two hands but one handing the K4 takes some skill. In my hand it will try to slip out when I try and takes some effort to push the Next button. I finally bought the Marware Eco-Flip case to fix this. I can prop it up on a pillow and read with no hands if I want or hold it one handed using the hand slot and turn the page with little effort

It's just the page next button is too far down for me. If it was higher up I could turn without a problem. Amazon made the K4 for man hands I guess.

I have arthritic hands but my hands are small. If she uses her other hand to turn the page it wont be a problem but one handed she may have issues if she has smaller hands like me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote