View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 04:24 AM   #30
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Not necessarily. the "pre-1923" rule is only for the US, and MobileRead is hosted in Canada, so Canadian laws apply: basically anything written by anyone who died more than 50 years ago.
I stand corrected. I'd forgotten that the U.S. and Canada do define the time limit differently. I looked round online for the book in question though and I don't know if the author is living or dead, but the publication date I found is 2007 so I'm guessing it might still be under copyright in any event. Unless it is an older book that was just transferred to digital media like some are. I imagine it is a large file if it is available somewhere in digital media though since they would need pictures of different areas of disease etc.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote