View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #15
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Mmkay leme go find a PDF, Ive been curious about this myself. I'm really going to need it for school this year.... though that mean I'm really going to need software 3.0 on my GKDX...

EDIT: Ok, so far, so good. Made a note and highlight pretty easy, a bit slower than normal use of a mobi/azw book, but workable. I'm hooking K3 back up to my comp now.

EDIT 2: Alright, having hooked up my K3 back to the comp, I can look at the files. There is the PDF I used: Hocus Pocus. The notes/location/farthest page read file is a pdr, named Hocus Pocus PDR. I just opened the document and the notes don't appear on the PDF itself. I tried opening up the .pdr and Calibre flew open....

Short of it is, annotations you make on PDF's are only stored within the K3 .pdr file...

EDIT 3: Ok, so any annotations made with Adobereader or any other kind of PDF viewer/created are not editable. They're just viewable, but one can't interact with them in another other way. No big deal for me, I really just needed the ability to make highlights and notes, but I can see how others would want that...
Aww, I was afraid that would be the case. Amazon, back to the drawing board! Thanks though...
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote