View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #98
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Spellbanisher, you just spent a whole looong post telling Catlady and Hitch how ignorant and unrefined they were, while making it sound like you were defending the super speshul genre of literary fiction.

Kudos to you for your ability to insult, while seeming to just be using logic.

Shari
I never said they were unrefined. This has nothing to do with someone's upbringing or education. Even a an illiterate boorish slob raised by wild hogs can accept that a thing should be judged by the standards of what it is supposed to be. Asserting that i'm calling people "unrefined" is just your attempt to smear someone you don't agree with as a snob.

I assume that everybody in the world, myself included, is ignorant about the vast majority of things. It's one of the biggest reasons i visit on forums, because i am ignorant on many things.

I never implied that literary fiction was super special. I stated that literary fiction has certain defining features, just like everything that exists, just like every other genre of fiction. In that regard every genre of fiction is special.

I even stated that there is no reason literary fiction must exist. I even stated that i don't make
the distinction between literature as "art" and literature as "commerce."

I did say that literary fiction should be judged by what it is, just like everything else in the universe. My gosh that makes me a condescending, snobbish, arsehole!

Last edited by spellbanisher; 09-02-2013 at 06:31 PM.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote