View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #1482
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I'll probably cheat with the wrapper and get the commercially available egg roll wrappers. so far I have been playing around with ground chicken as my main component. when you say "pcs" does that mean... 6 potatoes, or 6 pieces of potato?
Many of my recipes come from stuff I find on the web, this included, and often have to modify the quantities. I took it to mean 6 potatoes. But that's because Japanese potatoes are tiny! I've never seen something like a big Idaho baking potato here. They've got round ones a bit bigger than golf balls, and potato-shaped ones about twice the size of a squished golf ball... For this recipe, I used 6-7 of the largest potatoes I could find here, which came out to be about equal to 3 large Idahos. (Idahi?)

As far as the wrappers go, frankly, I really don't notice much taste difference between store-bought egg roll or gyoza wrappers and this dough, and they are a lot less work! They do 'look' different though... The freshly made dough seems to look more crispy, but the texture is actually the same.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 01-01-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote