View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #40
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevecoeur View Post
I see, so some soldering may still be required, but not directly to the device.
@Crevecoeur: No soldering *required* -- you could do it *right* and buy the $300 USD crimp tool for those connectors instead of soldering to them. Most *standard* crimp tools cost about $30 (a much more reasonable price). Unless you plan to go into business making these cables, when you have no more use for the crimp tool, I would be willing to buy it from you for $30 to add to my assorted crimp tool collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I think some threads should be called "threats" instead... but seriously it's a really good idea in order to have less people being affected by this seemingly contagious issue.

Among these threads are the following for which you should be really cautious what you change (not that you shouldn't be for any other changes!):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51371
@cscat: You asked for it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1948103

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-31-2012 at 03:47 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote