View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
1Ebookfan
1Ebookfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm not sure how I omitted the most obvious fact but he is 14. He doesn't have any disorders or anything and I am likely exaggerating the 1:10 ratio. I just remember books really sparking my imagination at that age and I would love to see some of the same with him. It is such a different world now with anything you might be curious about only a Google search away.

Probably unlike a lot of parents, I don't see the video games as a complete waste of time as I play quite a few of the same ones myself now and then. They require far more thought and attention than TV for instance. It is definitely the group culture with all of his friends.

I really appreciate the EXCELLENT suggestions from everyone. (Don't know how I didn't think about Starship Troopers as I read that first at a similar age) He does really like the HALO games so I think that might be a great place to start too. I will look into some of the historical suggestions too. I watched Band of Brothers with him and got him the book after, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I couldn't agree more that Dick Winters was an amazing and inspiring man.
1Ebookfan is offline   Reply With Quote