View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #9
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ABC_ABCH Special Custom Column Is Optional, Not Required

asllearner,

Based on your preference for a value of "Joseph F. Kett (1), James S. Trefil (1), Eric Donald Hirsch (1)", you do not need the ABC_ABCH (abc_abc_hierarchy) Custom Column at all. I suggest that you delete it, keeping only the ABC Hierarchy (abc_hierarchy) visible in the Tag Browser.

If you delete the ABC_ABCH Custom Column, and if you have a large library, Calibre will load much faster too because the ABC_ABCH Custom Column is made by joining other Custom Columns (e.g. ABC, Author and ABCH) and must be done dynamically every time you start Calibre or switch libraries.

You may also not need the ABC (author_book_count) Custom Column. Just the ABC Hierarchy (abc_hierarchy) Custom Column. ABCH does not use the ABC data, but makes its own. The count is obviously the same, though.

I am going to release a new version of Author Book Count Hierarchy, since I like your suggested format of "Joseph F. Kett (1), James S. Trefil (1), Eric Donald Hirsch (1)". The current format came from the a post on the ABC thread when the need for ABCH first arose, so it was just a placeholder until a better one came along. One just has.

Thanks for your suggestions.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote