View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #13
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmthokku View Post
I get an error saying "cant start child process" when I try to install Xournal 0.5 on v2 RC3. My directory structure is of the form
/media/IREX DR800/Programs/_install/installXournalExt.sh
instead of
/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_install/installXournalExt.sh.
I am guessing this the problem. How do I get around it? Thanks in advance.
Hi pmthokku,

You should unzip the zip onto the SD-card (inside your DR800). After you disconnect you should go to Home->SD Card->Programs->Install (I assume you have Folder Based Navigation enabled in Home->Settings->Advanced Settings), where you will find an icon called: Install Xournal Extensions.
When you click on it, it will execute the installXournalExt.sh script on the DR (this will reset your DR and might give some strange artifacts on the screen, but within a minute or so the DR should be restarted again).
From the information you give it seems that you try to execute the script on your (linux) PC.

Hope this helps.
Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote