View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 07:03 PM   #17
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Stanza supported all but CBZ/CBR, until Amazon bought it and killed it.

I want:
  • Works offline, because where I most often want to read doesn't have internet. (Train/bus on the way to work.)
  • Opens several types of non-DRM'd ebook
  • Remembers where you are in each book when you close it, just like every dedicated ebook device does
  • Allows some form of sideloading onto an iPad - don't care if that's direct drag and drop, or via cloud like Dropbox or Google Drive. But I need access to the files when the device is offline.

I'll wait until it's not asking for my birthdate, and grab the free version. I know you say that info's only being gathered for compliance with various laws, but I have no reason to trust that the company won't try to sell that info at some point in the future. (If I like the free version, I'll consider subscribing.)

Also, you haven't said whether it works offline. I have no need at all for an ereader app that only works when connected to the internet.

Those that you just listed we fully support. The only thing is you need to side load them via the web interface via Drag/Drop from your Desktop or Google Drive/Dropbox folder or using our Calibre plugin.

And yes it works offline I did answer in all my previous post, double check by searching for offline.

With regards to the prompt for your age, I understand and I can reach out to you once we deploy the option to ask questions instead of your date of birth. This will require changes across iOS , Android and Web.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote