Thread: New firmware
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #793
eMole
Connoisseur
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Essence
First, I forgot to write that I only read ePubs. No idea for hyphenation in other formats.

Codepage matters. UTF-8 works for me, check your dic file (it's just text). Also the name must be hyph_XX.dic where XX is the two letter mnemonic for norwegian.
And yes, I put it where all the other hyph files are, under adobe. Try it with a freshly loaded book, turn hyph. on-off-on to force a refresh.

I'm pretty sure the reader app uses some Adobe code: no support for small-caps, a typical Adobe issue.

This solution worked for me for HU language also with ADE. Since then PB added proper hyph_hu.dic to the firmware, but I keep overwriting it with mine (OpenOffice) because the stock one does not support non-standard hyphenation (like: vissza - visz-sza).
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote