View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
I did try it without my adblocker:

Is there something else to do force ads? I have a pretty good list of sites in my HOSTS to bypass, but since I'm happy, I'm reluctant mess with my config too much just to experiment
It's probably your HOSTS file.

But regardless of how it's getting blocked in your browser, my main point is that Kovid (nor anyone who utilizes an ad service like this) can control the ads that get displayed. And no matter how well the ad service in question vets their content, ads for questionable content WILL slip through the cracks from time to time. I find the notion of calibre somehow being associated with the questionable content being displayed by the ad service to be complete nonsense. If that's the case, then every single website that displays ads is associated with "questionable content" at some point or another.

Block or ignore the ads, I say. Expecting Kovid to be able to ensure that the ad content that displays on his download page will always meet with everyone's personal notion of "not at all dubious" at all times is silly. Can't be done. And while I reserve the right to block any ad I want, I also have no beef with anyone who wants to create a revenue stream via ad content from an ad service.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote