View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #2
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ter123 View Post
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a Kobo Aura One for a nun who has macular degeneration for her to use primarily to pray the Liturgy of the Hours. I'm aware of the monthly ebook with the liturgy for each day but that wouldn't be suitable all the time - because the monastery uses different opening hymns for the prayers and would have special liturgy for Saints of the Dominican Order.

I was trying to think how to make it work for her, because I don't think she'd be able to manage bookmarking pages and switching back and forth between them. I'm thinking of creating separate ebooks for the hymns they use and for the Scripture readings etc for the Dominican Saints (this stuff is old, or composed by the community, so Copyright isn't an issue).

This would mean that she would start her prayers with the 'hymn ebook', then switch to the bought liturgy ebook for the psalms, then jump to the 'Dominican saints ebook' for the scripture reading. I think this could work if the time-delay when opening books isn't too long. Could anyone with the Kobo Aura One let me know how long this type of jumping between books takes.

Many thanks,
Ter
any Kobo e-reader could do that not just the KA1, personally i would choose one that as the external micro SD card slot the H20 would do it nicely, of course the choice is entirely yours.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote