View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #27
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
I continue to love using this program daily on my iPhone and iPad. I was wondering if we could get the lock rotation feature moved from the catalog screen to some place accessible from inside books (ie the fonts/brightness menu). It can be bothersome to open a book and realize you have the rotation option on the wrong setting and then you need to leave your book to change it.
Thanks for your suggestion. Let's look at it from other angles.

The "Lock Rotation" switch is accessible via the Settings button in the Library View. It is applicable to every view of the app, including Library views, exchange views and reading views. It works like an app-specific rotation lock (vs. system-wide hardware or software rotation lock).

The "Lock Rotation" switch has always been there and works like that since v1.0. If the switch were moved from there to somewhere inside a book-reading view, it might be convenient in the cited case, but it would be inconvenient and would look odd for other currently supported use cases. ("Why do I have to open a book first in order to prevent my library view from rotating?", etc.)

Duplicating the switch or adding a new switch seems a bad idea, as it would complicate things unnecessarily.
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote