View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 11:46 PM   #28
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I was charging up all my devices before the bomb cyclone last weekend and in looking for another wall wart I ran across the Nook STR I’d gotten for my mother (she never took to ereading). It had been a long time since I’d looked at it, so I charged it up for fun. I was blown away by the gorgeous crisp text in a device that old. The device is comfortable to hold and the buttons well placed and it can accommodate an SD card!

I use a Kobo Glo as a book repository but now I’m thinking the STR also would serve very well if not better; I’d enjoy reading on it more when I wanted quick access to a book. I never cared for the murky text on the Glo. In short, I think it would be an excellent backup.
I regularly read on my Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight. I love that little reader. I like the 'hidden under the bezel' buttons and the scalloped back. I have a 32GB card in it and have loaded up about five or six gigs of books and it works fine.

I wish I could maybe tint the screen amber. The main reason I brought my Clara on vacation instead of one of the Nooks is the amber lighting. The better half brought the Glowlight 3, but the only time I use it is to handle all the sideloading.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote