View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #106
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
If you look at the OP's previous posts it seems like he is one of the few folks in this forum who honestly does not see why people prefer ebooks over pbooks. That combined with the content of his other threads seems to add credence to the idea that the OP is gathering information rather than sincerely engaging the folks on this forum in dialogue.

That does not mean that my initial hunch that he may be an author engaging in market research is correct, but look at the facts. Why would someone become a member of a forum dedicated to ebooks and ebook readers and then state, unflinchingly, that they do not now nor will they ever own an ebook reader or ebook? Furthermore, why would anyone post threads almost exclusively about book promotion, what people like to read, and why people buy ebooks unless they plan on using that information?

My hunch seems like a logical conclusion to me, but then again who ever said reality had to make sense?
Well, your logic is sound. But if an author is promoting a book..well, even if that book was not in ebook form, why ask a question and then disappear? I agree that it might Make Sense for someone to gather information, but if you aren't publishing an ebook why would you care or potentially market to people who are reading them?

It's very odd. It does feel much more like trollish behavior (just to get a rise or reaction) than anything useful. Shrug.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote