View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #229
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
[Talking about not always having to buy both the ebook and the audio book]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Mrs_Often you're just a mess today! LOL... but I love your enthusiasm!
Hahaha! no no no no no! :P Actually, I read that on Amazon site itself (I can't find the page now), but I was talking about text-to-speech (for which you don't have to buy an audio book, if the ebook publisher allows the function).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBooks View Post
If there were a way for Kobo to sync with a "read out loud" type of app...that would be great.
Try asking for it in its very own feature requests thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165669
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombreastre View Post
(try librivox.org if you haven't ever heard of it, some audiobooks may not be that good, but some others have professional quality, you just have to choose-and-pick a bit till you find a decent one).
Oh thank you! I didn't know about librivox. Interesting!

[Talking about syncing bookmarks between your Kobo devices only working for books bought from Kobo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
Couldn't the same be said for Kindles? After all, they only work with proprietary formats...
Nope... Books you sideload onto your Kindle also sync. You can put any old mobi either straight onto your Kindle with a cable, or email it to your special kindle email address (you get one for each device that is linked to Amazon). The book is added to your Kindle account, and syncs over all your devices.

With Kobo, all your sideloaded books are not added to your Kobo account, so they do not sync over your different devices.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote