Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #633
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Just a short note:

thanks to all of you folks for providing feedback. Concerning the requests for new patches (either here in the thread, or via PM): even if you didn't receive a reply, rest assured that I do read and consider the requests.

That said, while the JBPatch core development is probably "stuck" on me (which is perfectly fine), JBPatch was always designed as an open framework for patches. I'm still wondering why it seems like nobody else (except for eureka, I know ) has ever even tried to develop a patch. Is it too complicated? Or too boring? Or just... too much effort?

I for myself am developing these patches because I find it to be both challenging and fun to mess around with the internals of the device. And yes of course, the only real reward is to see that the device behaves in a different way than what it was originally meant to. But that's what I consider much of the hacking to be about. Am I wrong?

Comments are welcome
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote