View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
vagabondo. The reader displays PDF files very well. The problem is, almost all PDF files are made for full size computer screens so the text shows up way to small to be read on the reader.

If a file has been created using PDF with the reader in mind then it reads very well. ie. the file must be created using huge font sizes.

If you have lots of PDF files and are hoping to be able to read them using the reader then it probably wont work.

However, you can get thousands of books for free at this site and others for the reader. If you are into old books that are in public domain (Almost all the "Classics") The Reader is the device for you.

I use mine constantly.

To answer your first question, which device will work to read PDF files made for a computer size screen?

I dunno.
Actually it is worse than this. PDF's are made for full size pieces of paper on a printer, not for computer screens.. Even many computer screens are too small to show the text without scrolling. So the answer is the biggest screen you can get is the best. Today that would be the iLiad displayed in landscape with two pages per PDF page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote