View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan
If more consumers refuse to buy e-books, e-music, whatever, because of DRM, the corporations will figure it out.
... or the corps might decide that there isn't any demand because no one's buying the (hobbled) product they're offering. In which case the process of having ebooks at all is slowed up.

There are a whole range of perfectly logical, perfectly defensible conclusions to draw from the DRM mess, that's exactly why it's such a mess. It's hard to convince anyone that their logical, defensible conclusion is inferior to your own, when all of the conclusions depend on perceived facts we can't conclusively demonstrate. (sigh)

(Note that I'm not saying you're wrong nor even that I disagree with you.)

That's what makes it all so frustrating.

I'm afraid that it can't help but be a long, painful road before we arrive at e-book utopia.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote