View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patdunn20 View Post
So, I would like to somehow find the money to get a Kindle, however I have a few questions pertaining to summer conditions:
  1. How well does the Kindle handle sun, say if I am at the pool all day?
  2. While I'm at the pool it gets a rain drop or two, will it survive?
  3. Amazon's ad shows the girl on the beach, is this thing like every electronic and should stay away from sand, or it it OK to bring?
  4. Would it survive a 1 foot drop onto concrete?

I'm a clutz, these are all real-world situations to me. Any insight would be appreciated.

Pat
1. Handles the sun just fine.
2. Yes, it will survive especially if you have the cover closed while not reading.
3. I would think it would survive a drop on the sand.
4. It might or might not survive. It depends if it's covered or not and how hard it drops and what part of the K2 hits the concrete.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote