View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo724 View Post
It's great to be able to generate a catalog of our books. Perhaps I have too many books, but I find the listing of authors less than optimal. When I view the catalog in Calibre and expand the Authors section of the TOC on the left, I see a bunch of entries, on the left, of the form "Authors beginning with A," ... "Authors beginning with Z." I would greatly prefer to see the actual names on the left.

When I click on an entry like "Authors beginning with A," the window on the right gives me a lot more than just the author names. I also see titles and series. There, or somewhere, I would like to see just the author names.

I don't mean to suggest there is anything wrong with the authors, series, and titles being shown together on the right. I guess what I'd like to suggest is the ability, somewhere, to see a list of the author names and nothing more, with the ability to view an author's works by clicking on the author's name. Am I missing something?
Go read the Help pages (CLI section) on: calibredb.exe list
You can have as much or little as you want in a simple 'list' (text or CSV) file
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote