View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Butchi
Butchi began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Japanes fonts ( Kanji kana)

Hi,
My wife (Japanese) orders a lot of books from Japan for which the shipping cost are almost the same as the price of the books itself. We live in Europe and i do not speak any Japanese. So the idea is to buy a eReader.

So far i was not able to find information on which eReaders are able to display the Japanese fonts (Kanji, Katakana, including right to left and top to bottom) and be able to handle the most popular eBook formats (ePub, Lit, HTML, PDF etc).
Can anybody give some information on this or share their experience?

Also it would be nice if i had some eBooks with Japanese fonts so i could try out things in shops overhere. But so far i was not able to download some sample/test Japanese eBooks.
Does anybody have a link to a Japanese (free) eBook (in several formats)?

I considered to order a eReader from Japan (Sony PRS 650) but i found that this is not smart (price too high including shipping and no warranty). Also i found out that you can not order books from the sony eBook store on the internet because you can only pay with a creditcard issued in Japan on the Sony site.
So my last question is does anybody know a Japanese on-line eBook store where you can buy books with a creditcard (or paypal)? (Note Amazon.co.jp apparently does not sell eBooks!!)
Butchi is offline   Reply With Quote