View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 12:39 AM   #30
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
...This problem happens because of a decision I made 5 years ago: to use web-based OAUTH to authenticate instead of the service's program library API. .
so riddle me this please>
i re installed an app called folder sync pro, which can connect to cloud, to my new device.
when I went into cloud connections, a help screen said that it would be using OAUTH.
I told it to connect to dropbox, gave my credentials when asked, and it connected. via OAUTH apparently. so why does OAUTH work for that app but not for yours, with dropbox ?

PS there is a a free version. folder sync - if you want to see its auth process in action
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....lite&hl=en_GB

same app basically, the pro version has a few extra bells & whistles.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote