View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #166
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
I was changing

Code:
CurrentLocale=en_GB
Reason I did this was that I have date/time info I'm more accustomed to.

Maybe some settings are easier to get remembered, but thing is, when I looked at the file, changes weren't there.

I use editor that respects original file encoding (win or linux), so I'm sure that my editor isn't problem.

Who knows, maybe I did something wrong, but usually editing files isn't too complex task for me. I'm just saying, that was pretty perplexing. On the other hand, now I'm exclusively on KSM+Koreader, so I don't mess with nickel.
It looks like I have to eat my words a bit. I hadn't change the locale for a while but I'm sure that that the last time I did, it changed the time and date display immediately. This time, I had to restart. I did check before the restart by connecting and looking at the config file to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. The change was there OK.

One thing is that the option has to be in the right place. There should have been a "CurrentLocale" line already in the "ApplicationPreferences" section. If you changed that, it should have worked. If you added another line in the same section, only one would have been kept. I'm not sure if the first or last would have been kept. If you put the line in another section, it would have been ignored. And, as the config file is rewritten by the device, it probably would have disappeared.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote