View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Do I understand you [BetterRed] to be saying that you've only got one record for every title in your database? In effect there is one and only one Madam Bovary record to cover all print, movies, tv series, audio, images, photos, etc?
You got it - that's the objective and so far its working for me.

ETA : I also have author related supplementary stuff in the 'mirror' Author folders, I put the uri into calibre's Author Link property. Then when I click on the author name in Book details I get that folder rather than whatever I have in preferences. In there I can put multiple urls - to WikiP, the authors sites, publisher sites, obits etc etc. And things like radio interviews that are not book specific.

It would be good if all 'entities' had that link feature - eg Publisher and any custom column the user nominates being as an 'entity' - maybe it would useful for the Series property, as a place to put things about an entire series

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-08-2013 at 01:41 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote