View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #63
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmore Daniels View Post
I started working up a short story idea in 1981 called "The Quanta", which is essentially one of the last chapters of "Forbidden The Stars". Ten years later, I began to outline the novel, finishing the first draft in 1993, but continued tinkering with it for the next two decades, releasing it in 2010.

I'd always had a trilogy in my mind, and I began outlining and writing "Music of the Spheres" April 2011, releasing it December 2011.

I started drafting "Worlds Away" early June 2012.

Basically, the trilogy took 32 years from inception to completion, though the vast bulk of it was written over the past two-and-a-half years.

Thank you for your interest!
Thanks. I think it's interesting how a story can evolve over time. Tolkien was another writer I can think of who took his time while developing what in his case may or may not be a trilogy. I picked up the 1st book today and no doubt will go on to get the 2nd and 3rd parts later. It looks like an interesting story.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote