View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #14
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 1st gen, Sony DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
actully distortion is real possibility. I exported a about 150 books to my friend who has a Kindle he converted from ePub to Mobi and at leat 30 books were ruined. A few books were just one paragraph throughout the entire book. Other's would have random paragraph breaks in mid sentence and in some cases mid word.

So yeah converting does not always mean it's going to come out nice.
Question for you: why should I convert a book if I can read it on my device? If Kindle customers are happy with the books they have and found on Amazon, why should they try and convert to epub, if they just don't own a Nook?

The opposite is also true. If you have an epub formatted book, why would you like to convert to MOBI, if you just don't own a Kindle? The only explanation, to either case, is if you changed your device (Nook for Kindle or Kindle for Nook) on which case, you can't anyway, not in a legal way, because both are DRM protected books.

I've experienced zero problems converting DRM free books from epub to mobi and/or mobi to epub. It would be good for you to check Calibre settings and the chosen layout.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote