View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #12
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Can you please support your argument?

You have a Nook, you buy a book from B&N, still is DRM protected! Yes, you can read it probably on a Sony, but what's the point? How many e-readers do you buy or have in your house (different brand)

Please do not make assumptions or arguments based on your own book's preference. I could say a lot of books are missing from B&N, which is true on my case, I read technical books, not just novels or bios.

Who told you when you convert from MOBI to EPUB, or viceversa, you will get distorted books? How many books you have converted? I've converted several books via Calibre, even technical books, and they look exactly the same! I'm sorry, but you are not converting your books in the proper way or you are were converting a very complex layout, with tons of graphics and pictures.

Stop being passionate, and talk with facts! I used to own a Nook and guess what, B&N books were DRM protected!

Give a fair advice, explain people that they should buy a device based on what they read, not what you like.

actully distortion is real possibility. I exported a about 150 books to my friend who has a Kindle he converted from ePub to Mobi and at leat 30 books were ruined. A few books were just one paragraph throughout the entire book. Other's would have random paragraph breaks in mid sentence and in some cases mid word.

So yeah converting does not always mean it's going to come out nice.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote