View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #45
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
This failed for me on on Harvard Classics, Vol. 10: Wealth of Nations, which costs $0.99. I don't think the DMCA applies, since it is hard to argue that this book is copyrighted. The conversion completed, but MobiPocket's Windows Reader v 6 crashes when opening the out.mobi file. It also still displays as junk when opened by FBReader.

By the way, MobiPocket PID's don't always have "$" as the 8th character. A modified version that discarded the last 2 characters out of 10 and ignored the "$" worked for me even on a PID without the "$".
Here is a link to the MobileRead Harvard Classics Mobi version of Vol 10. No DRM at all.

In fact, the entire Harvard Classics series is available for free at MobileRead.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote