View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulo View Post
if I go by the way the managed the launch I have extremely low opinion about B&N.

For me it's not just releasing "a firmware update" but actually fix all the basic issues that should have been addressed before the release: slow page turning, formatting that takes forever or just hangs completely and mainly the inability to do pretty much anything with side loaded content.

Now I really want Nook to be a good product, that's why pre-ordered it the first day but after reading all the reviews and message boards I am thinking twice before spending my hard earned money. I will definitely follow the updates closely and perhaps by February things will change for better.
Gulo,

All your complaints are firmware issues....

My nook will be here tomorrow (right now it is in lovely Kentucky); however I have played with one extensively at B&N (everyday on my lunch hour), and the page turns are comparable to other e-ink devices. The touch screen justs needs getting use to. The formating message seems to bother some people, but I would prefer that than the device showing a poorly formatted book.

This is after all version 1.0, and there has never been a 1.0 release that did not suffer some quirks.

I think B&N did a fine job on this device and it will become a better device with firmware upgrades.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote